Friday, February 09, 2007
My Theory on Cleaning
I absolutely positively hate to clean, and without mentioning any names I have learned recently that I come by it honestly. Moving into a new house has given me a fresh start in many ways, but one of them is my cleaning habits. Before the move I would let things go until I absolutely could not stand it anymore. However, by doing this the task of cleaning seemed overwhelming and daunting. So, usually I would only get one or two rooms cleaned and then feel overly stressed because most of the house still seemed dirty. If you ask Jeff he will affirm that I was upset and frustrated about it. Now at the new house I am trying out my theory on cleaning. I am sure you are all wondering what it is, so here we go. Put things away that you aren't using as soon as possible and do a little bit of cleaning almost everyday. This is how I see it, if things are already pretty much picked up then it doesn't take as long to do some cleaning. Jeff thinks I have gone a little bit OCD and is starting to pick up on my new habit, but overall I am much happier with my cleaning situation and I feel more effective as a wife.
4 comments:
I am so proud of you. I stopped by tonight and noticed how neat you had the place. I am only sorry I didn't tell you then. See you tomorrow at moms party.
Dad
I learned a few years ago that keeping things picked up every day makes a huge difference. I can't say that happens every day here, but it still helps when it is done fairly regularly. In a few years you will have some help with clean up. It doesn't take long when you have a little help. Hope you are enjoying the new house. ~ Marsha
Yay for figuring out what works for you. I feel like each kid and each new thing (like moving or schedule changes) forces me to re-figure out how to make things (household tasks mostly) work for me. I don't think I've quite got it figured out yet with two kids.
Isn't it funny, parents try to teach how & why to do stuff and the kids just don't listen. The best teachers are having your own kids, You either learn or....!!!@@@##$$%%^^&& You’ll see with some things like that your kids probably wouldn't listen to you either. And so the cycle goes on & on
Uncle Glenn
Ps: eat M&M's there's no mess!!!
Post a Comment